Estate planning and taxation attorney Phil Peterson, on October 24 and 25, 2013, participated in the 55th Annual Idaho State Tax Institute in Pocatello, Idaho. Discussion topics during the conference included the following:
● Federal Taxation Update – Tax Developments, November 2012 to October 2013
● Qualified and Non-qualified Employee Retirement Plans
● Elder Law: Elder-Focused Asset Protection Trusts
● Federal Income Tax Issues in the Purchase or Sale of Closely Held Businesses
● Planning for Estate Tax Exemption Portability and other Estate Tax Issues under the 2012 Tax Act [adopted January 2013]
● Hidden Health Care Reform Perils for Employers – Affordable Care Act Implementation
This is the thirty-fourth consecutive year Mr. Peterson has attended the conference, which is presented annually by the Idaho State University College of Business to provide taxation and financial planning continuing professional education for Idaho attorneys and accountants from around the state.